Monday 9 July 2012

LIFE AS A CADET IN NDA


Cadet Brief

FSMO Scale A


Blue Patrol


Ceremonial PT Rig


Drill Order


White Patrol


Riding Rig


Summer Mess Dress


Summer Mufti


Walking Out


Winter Mufti
 

The Best Foot Forward
     Three formative years at the academy instil in the cadets a sense of intense belonging, bonding and feelings of oneness with the alma-mater. Breaking bread and training together engender the spirit of camaraderie which in the ultimate analysis forms the bedrock of inter-services co-operation in times to come. Herein are sown the seeds of 'Jointmanship', the new mantra of coordinated inter-services strategy.

     The cadet during his sojourn at the NDA holds many a thing close to his heart. By merging his identity with others, he gains the solace of a herd, the power of a team and the leverage of a group. This attribute of solidarity stands him in good stead during testing times and crunch situations.

The NDA Prayer
     O God, help us to keep ourselves physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight, that in doing our duty to Thee and our country we may keep the honour of the Services untarnished.

     Strengthen us to guard our country from external aggression and internal disorders. Awaken our admiration for honest dealing and clean thinking, and guide us to choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong.

     Kindle our hearts with fellowship for our comrades at arms and with loyalty to the men we command. Endow us with the courage which is born of the love of what is noble and which knows no compromise or retreat when truth and right are in peril.

     Grant us new opportunities of service to Thee, to our country and to the men we lead, and ever help us to place such service before self.

The Cadet's Pledge
  • I dedicate myself to the task of upholding the ideals that have gone into the making of this great institution of which I am a proud member.
  • I reiterate my firm commitment to the values and virtues that form the very basis of the corps of cadets and also the Armed Forces of India.
  • I promise to be fully dedicated to all aspects of my training here and also to adhere, at all times, to a code of conduct, befitting my future role as an officer and a gentleman, in the service of the Nation. To that end, I shall not lie, cheat or steal and it will be my earnest endeavour to be sincere, hardworking and scrupulously fair.
  • I earnestly pray that I may not falter in the pursuit of my goal and, in moments of doubt, be guided by my illustrious predecessors, whose example shall be my beacon.

The Cadet's Commandments
The Nation:

     The Nation's honour and interest comes first, always and every time.

The Services:

     We pledge to maintain the traditions of the three services and keep the 'TRISHUL' always bright and strong.

The Academy:

     We are proud of the Academy. We will at all times endeavour to uphold its reputation by our conduct, bearing and manner both within and outside the campus.

The Corps of Cadets:

     We are a family. We are loyal to each other. We act as one man.

Truth:

     We will always follow the harder right rather than the easier wrong.

Discipline:

     We will obey all orders at once. We will never leave a task unless permitted to do so by a superior.

Punctuality:

     We will make punctuality our second nature.

Supervision:

     We will work without any need of supervision. Supervision is unnecessary when duty is performed conscientiously.

Work and Play:

     We will work hard and play hard. We will keep ourselves physically fit, mentally alert and morally upright.

Gentlemen:

     As future officers of the Armed Forces, we will learn to conduct ourselves as gentlemen.

Academy Honour Code
"I believe that a cadet must be loyal,
truthful, trustworthy, honest and
forthright under all circumstances.
I will not lie, cheat or steal, nor will I
mislead or deceive any one.
I undertake to faithfully live up to this
code and to continuously encourage
my comrades to do so".

A Mother Prays
"Enter my portals O glory bound ones
Learn to lead I'll make you men
In my dreams the bugle sounds
In my heart hope abounds
Leave my portals live like men
Death or glory it matters none
The hour beckons honour at stake
O valiant sons a mother prays
Lead with vigour straight up front
Rocklike bear the enemy's brunt
I shall write your untold story
I shall uphold your blazing glory
Go my sons the earth beckons
Hear my warriors the oceans call
Soar my eagles the sky is yours
Death before defeat
Death before dishonor
Death with distinction
A mother prays for all your days
Strive and seek victory with grace
A mother prays.
A mother prays."






SOURCE : nda.nic.in

4 comments:

  1. NDA Application Form 2016 will be released soon on the official website of RRB. Go to oficial web of NDA to apply online for NDA Application Form 2016 before last date.
    Check NDA Application Form 2016 eligibility criteria to check online updates.
    Visit to the official website of NDA to get NDA Application Form 2016 updates regularly.
    See more: - http://iletsfly.in/upsc-nda-na-2015-application-form/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The National Defence Academy is now going to announces notification for NDA Application Form, Check our more details about NDA Application Form from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join Best NDA Coaching in Boreveli, We have the long run prestige of having the highest success rate in the nation, Our tutorials have the best of the teaching facilities where teachers give one on one attention to each of the students, Most recent training facilities and methodologies for faster interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are invited to check NDA NA Eligibility Criteria 2018 by the official WEBSITE.

    ReplyDelete